PAGES

SLIDER

Look What I Found!!!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Guess what? I was going through some old pictures and look what I found....


Yeah I know, don't laugh too hard! I made this cake 28 years ago. That was long before I ever had any intention of being a cake decorator!

My husband's birthday falls on the 4th, we were married on the 5th, and my birthday is on the 6th of the same month. So the year we got married, I came up with this idea... I'd bake him a birthday cake and decorate it to look like a wedding cake! That's why there's a corny bride & groom on top, and that's why it says "Got'cha!!!" on the front. Ohhh... the joys of young love!!!

There is absolutely no support system in this cake! It's a miracle it didn't collapsed or crumble into a million pieces. I remember my mom only had two 8" round cake pans, so I improvised and decided to use different sized mixing bowls to bake the cakes in. Are you impressed yet??? Then to top it all off... we took the cake into the back yard, set it in the grass (bugs and all), then took this wonderful picture!

Hahaha, what great memories! I hope you've had fun taking this trip down memory lane with me. I think my cake decorating skills have improved a little since then. But regardless of how it looks, I can honestly say... there was never a cake made with more love!

3 comments:

  1. You were destined to be a cake maker! It's a beautiful cake! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, but i am sitting here laughing at the *no support system* - *sitting it on the grass, bugs and all - thankyou so much for sharing this trip down your memory lane - i am still shaking my head at the *no support system* and how it stayed together.

    YES INDEED, A CAKE MADE WITH lOVE... :)


    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when I read your post. At least you were going for a creative photo. lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger