PAGES

SLIDER

Easy Peasy Roses

Monday, August 9, 2010

Have you ever been completely frustrated with cake decorating? How about trying to make a simple flower? Sometimes we look at the amazing talents of professional cake decorators and feel completely overwhelmed. You don't need to feel that way! Sure, some of the things they make are extremely complicated... but others are not.

Here's a tutorial for making very easy roses. Someone told me this rose was made by Duff Goldman on his TV show "Ace of Cakes". I hate to admit it but... I've never seen "Ace of Cakes". (Gasp!) I know I know... it's shocking news but we don't have cable TV, so I can't watch his show. However, I want to make sure and give credit where credit is due.

You'll need a rolling pin, a circle cutter, a sharp knife, and either gum paste or fondant.





Roll your fondant out and cut 3 circles.





Lay the circles down so they overlap each other.



Starting at one end, roll up all three circles together.





You should end up with something like this.

Take your knife and cut the roll in half. Try not to smash it too much.



You should end up with two pieces or 2 roses.



Turn each piece so the cut edge is on the bottom.

Using your finger, carefully spread the petals out until it looks more realistic.




Voila! A beautiful rose.  :)


You can make the same flower by using 5 circles instead of just 3.



This rose has more petals so it looks a little more realistic.










Gorgeous! Now pat yourself on the back and go impress someone with your amazing talent! (No one ever needs to know how simple it was to make...)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, I like having quick and easy decorating tips. Hope you get to use it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cool- looks easy enough for me- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and welcome CantStopBaking! Great to have you aboard. ;)

    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great Judy - roses hate me! Mine always come out like cabbages...so hopefully this will change things :)
    Thanks for the teaching!
    Lorien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. This is so cool.
    I just played with Tootsie Rolls the other day trying to make a rose. It was just so so. LOL.
    http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2011/09/rose-made-of-tootsie-rolls-sort-of.html
    I so enjoy your blog. I'm printing a few of your tutorials. :) Great job,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.


    My webpage; homepage ()

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger