PAGES

SLIDER

The Completed Cake!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Remember the sneak peak I gave you a couple of weeks ago?  Well... here's the finished cake!



It wasn't a difficult or complicated cake, but it's simple elegance simply took my breath away. I never did find out where the customer found the picture of this cake. But I couldn't wait until it was time to decorate. I really like the pearl medallions and using them as the centers for the dogwood sugar flowers pulled the design together perfectly. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Exquisitely beautiful! Love the simple elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to quit writing on EVERY post. I didn't want to be considered a spammer. LOL. This cake is so so so gorgeous.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this cake right when I saw it, http://thebridesguide.marthastewartweddings.com/2010/04/pink-plus-week-cakegirls.html is the originator. Just if you still want to know, I thought I post you the link, its from chicago based Cakegirls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made all the wedding cakes in my husbands family, some of my friends & my brothers!! I too love baking & decorating & just eat up more knowledge! I am going to try your cowboy hat cake for my sister-in-law's birthday in April! Now that I know what to make I will pace myself. I made her cake in Nov. for her 3rd wedding, it was her father's recipe for Egg Nog cake, with yellow & orange edible butterflies. I am not as talented as you, your son's wedding cake is definetly a show of your love, both for him & your art! I wish to follow you in the future! I am the Ormond Beach person eager to try your towels for even rising!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger